Thursday, June 18, 2009

Coras' "Would Be" 6th Birthday

Today would have been Coras' 6th birthday. I miss her every day and always will. In next weeks postings I will be showing quite a few photos of Cora so you can see what a wonderful, smart and beautiful German Shepherd she was. Hopefully I can bring a new GSD into my life one of these days but it's still too soon for me.

PLEASE READ THIS. IMPORTANT!

I would like to thank everyone for the fantastic photo submissions over the last 3 weeks. In this short time the Blog is already approaching 1000 visitors and has not even been advertised yet. You are the GSD lovers that make this Blog fun and successful. However there is a serious lag of commenting on the daily postings. Posting comments make it much more fun and interactive when visiting this Blog daily and gives you a chance to tell a little bit about the photos you submitted and also read what others had to say. Comments can be short or long that's up to you. I just ask that you leave a comment every time you view a post so I can start advertising the Blog and draw more visitors to see and comment on our great German Shepherds.

For those of you who are not familiar with leaving comments, here is how to do it:

Just click on the comments link under the posting and write your comment in the white field. In the box where it says comment as, you can either type your google account info (which is free) or you can click on anonymous. If you choose anonymous make sure you type in your first name after your comment so we know who it's from. It's that simple. If you have more questions about it then please send me an e-mail and I will help you.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Wolf,
    I am so sorry you lost your girl, and at too young an age. I admire you for dedicating a site to her, and I look forward to seeing more of her and learning more about who she was. But I'll tell you, her character shines through in the photos I just looked at. The eyes in the last two photos look very familiar to me. They are the kind of eyes that speak so clearly....the kind of eyes I love.
    Cora was a beauty, inside and out, that's for sure.
    Thanks for sharing her with us,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wolf,
    Thanks for sharing those gorgeous pictures of your Cora. She was a beautiful dog and so sad that she was taken at such a young age. Love your blog and look forward to seeing many more pictures of Cora!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kristen and Sharon. I will post many more photos of Cora and I'm glad you enjoy them. Cora would have given you both kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful photos of your beautiful Cora, of course! I am so glad we got to meet her and get a glimpse of your very deep bond with each other. I do hope your heart will be ready for another dog as you have so much to offer one. We value our friendship with you. Take care. jane w

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jane - I feel fortunate to have you and Derrek as friends as well. I'm so glad you finally commented. See - It was easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cora looks so content in every photo. What a lovely soul!

    It's so hard to lose our best friends. I lost both my boys in a years time. One was expected (he was over 14 years old!) but the other one, my absolute best friend, was a shock.

    Please do share more about Cora and your times together. I certainly look forward to hearing more about your pup.

    As has been said, "Grief is the price we pay for love." In the end, I find it a price well worth paying for the time I get to spend with my dogs.

    :)

    ReplyDelete